Well hello there. Welcome to my new photo site using Zenfolio as a portal to all the things I do photographically. It's been a struggle to decide which direction I was going to go in terms of social media and website marketing and this provider was decided on after looking and trying out many others. The seem to offer more for the professional photographer than anyone else and because there are only so many hours in the day, I needed something that would be intuitively easy to use and could integrate with the post production software I use, i.e. Lightroom , Photoshop and ACDSee Pro. Two of the pprograms allow me to directly connect to my Zenfolio account and upload easily. I will be testing that shortly with some of the projects that I have been working on.
Speaking of projects... Lately I have been doing some extensive work for Chinook Country Tourist Association and the results have been great. Here's a list...
1. I've worked on the CTC Conference held at the Coast Hotel & Convention Centre in Lethbridge and amassed a large number of images of attendees and taught at short workshop on authentic image taking and techniques. The first night we all went to Lethbridge College to participate in a culinary experience I would recommend to any organization and was busy running from one area of the extensive kitchen complex to the other snapping images of all the people making our supper. What a riot that was. Not one to forget.
2. I was officially photographing the Broxburn Pumpkin Fest and had a great time at this wonderful place run by Paul DeJong with one of the highest rated cafe's in Lethbridge.
3. On the same day as the Pumpkin Fest I displayed some of my work at the Gem of the West Museum for the opening of the Scotia Gallery. What a wonderful day it was with lots of contribution by some of the best artists in the Coaldale area.
4. I was onhand to photograph the cultural events at Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump on Buffalo Days celebrating 25 years of this popular place as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The dancing was amazing and colourful and the food was good with hundreds of people participating in the event and everyone had a buffalo burger and some cake. It was fun for everyone in the family.
5. I have been completing a photo project on the colours of autumn in the river bottom lately too. They are just so amazingly beautiful at this time of the year and the window of opportunity before winter sets in is short so I have to hurry to get everything I want.
6. And finally for this post I'm still working on an ambitious project to create a series of portraits of all types of people that I'm eventually going to turn into a wonderful travelling show and book. If you're interested in becoming involved, just give me a call at 403 634 8801 or write to me at email@example.com and I'll be happy to explain further. If you want more information have a look at www.tombuchananphoto.com and click on Main Site.
Of course there are lots of other shoots going on in my life as well and as soon as the renovations are completed in the studio and I have it back from being a storage place for rooms that are being renovated I will get back to several more projects as well. And yes I do eat and sleep regularly too, so don't worry I'm still happy and healthy.
Talk to you soon and Oh! by the way, don't hesitate to send me comments. I love to hear from everyone.